Washington DC Area
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced developer to join our application development team. Candidate must be a well rounded individual who has the ability to design, produce, and support business applications within SharePoint using SQL Server and SQL Server tools. A qualified candidate should be experienced in all aspects of the software development process and in multiple tools and technologies. Must possess excellent written and technical problem solving skills, programming and unit testing skills, good organization and communication skills, and be able to work well within a team environment.
Candidates must be self-directed, confident, and able to perform tasks of moderate to high complexity. Candidates should have excellent client facing skills and be able to articulate technical issues. Candidates will be expected to help shape technical documents with moderate to complex designs with minimal guidance and fully understand and utilize the appropriate tool set to solve client needs.
- Manage and maintain all database instances for MOSS 2007 Portal Development, Staging, and Production Environments.
- Install, configure, manage and maintain all database instances for new Portal Environments.
- Manage and maintain all database instances for a Remedy help desk installation.
- Manage and maintain all database instances for custom SQL applications.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise on all issues pertaining to the SQL database environment.
- Define and document Standard Operating Procedures for installing, configuring, and managing SQL instances.
- Install, configure and manage all necessary extended SQL Server modules, such as Reporting Services (SSRS), Integration Services (SSIS), etc.
- Analyze and Execute DOD Security Requirements for Database Servers (STIG).
- Be ready to support the physical migration of all SQL Database servers to an alternate site when upcoming relocation happens.
- Support 4 Oracle Production Databases.
- Support 2 Oracle development and test databases.
- Maintain sound database backup and recovery policies using RMAN and Export/Import and Data Pump.
- Manage all database software installation, configuration and upgrades
- Performance tuning of the database.
- Ability to write complex stored procedures and SQL queries, along with other SQL Server design, admin and development skills.
- Demonstrated experience with SQL Server and database technologies (SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, data modeling, database architecture)
- Work in various-sized teams to design, build, debug and maintain existing .Net applications written in C.
- Work with other members of the Software Development team; help coach others to improve processes, effectiveness and efficiency
- A minimum of 3+ year’s experience developing web based applications on the Microsoft .Net platform and technologies.
- 4+ yrs experience performance tuning T-SQL queries, indexes, disk I/O, memory and CPU
- Strong technical skills with installation, configuration, administration and maintenance of SQL Server 2000, 2005, and 2008.
- Some SQL Server database development experience and a willingness to learn.
- Proficiency with all facets of SQL Clustering.
- Familiarity with VMware and managing SQL databases in a virtualized environment.
- Skilled at technical requirements definition.
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communications, particularly with a customer focus.
- Ability to work well with others in a dynamic, deadline-oriented, team environment.
- Willingness to share DBA knowledge and mentor junior team members
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) in 2005 and eventually in 2008.
- Familiarity with configuration and management of Oracle Databases.
- Experience in scaling a SQL Cluster environment as requirements evolve and grow
- Familiarity with basic use of Office 2003/2007.
- Basic familiarity with Active Directory security authentication mechanisms, such as Kerberos, NTLM, and forms- based authentication (FBA).
- Experience participating in full life-cycle Enterprise SharePoint rollouts.
- SharePoint implementation and Farm administration experience.
- Understanding of MOSS Features and Functions.
- Ability to document solutions for other administrators.
- Knowledge of database administration for Oracle
- B.S. in Computer Science or Information Systems preferred, specific discipline not required. 4 yr degree required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance (MUST be a US Citizen).
An active or current Secret clearance is not required but is helpful.