Washington DC Area
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced developer to join our application development team. Candidate must be a well rounded individual who has the ability to design, produce, and support business applications within SharePoint using SQL Server and SQL Server tools. A qualified candidate should be experienced in all aspects of the software development process and in multiple tools and technologies. Must possess excellent written and technical problem solving skills, programming and unit testing skills, good organization and communication skills, and be able to work well within a team environment.
Candidates must be self-directed, confident, and able to perform tasks of moderate to high complexity. Candidates should have excellent client facing skills and be able to articulate technical issues. Candidates will be expected to help shape technical documents with moderate to complex designs with minimal guidance and fully understand and utilize the appropriate tool set to solve client needs.
- Performs systems design, performance tuning, administration, maintenance, and support of SQL and BizTalk physical and virtual servers located locally and remote in a 24/7 enterprise production environment.
- Assists application developers working on applications that use the databases to ingest and retrieve data..
- Must be able to work either the early or late shift (7:00am – 3:00pm or 10:00am – 7:00pm).
- Must be able to work Software Release and Infrastructure Release nights regularly scheduled twice a month on Fridays from 7:00pm to Midnight.
- 7+ years experience in Microsoft Windows 2003 or above administration and server maintenance and system integration.
- 5+ experience with SQL Server 2005/2008 in a large scale production environment.
- 4+ experience administering and troubleshooting MS IIS.
- 2+ experience with BizTalk server administration.
- Extensive experience with SQL Server 2005/2008 in a large scale production environments.
- Experience with BizTalk server administration.
- Experience with IIS 6/7/7.5.
- Strong technical skills with installation, configuration, administration and maintenance of SQL Server 2000, 2005, and 2008.
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills in Microsoft Windows server operating system 2008/2008 R2.
- Experience with system monitoring tools (e.g.,NetIQ AppManager Suite, SolarWinds, Spotlight).
- Experience with Linux and/or similar Unix-based servers.
- Familiarity with VMware and managing SQL databases in a virtualized environment.
- Skilled at technical requirements definition.
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communications, particularly with a customer focus.
- Ability to work well with others in a dynamic, deadline-oriented, team environment.
- Willingness to share DBA knowledge and mentor junior team members
- Microsoft BizTalk certification.
- Experience with NetIQ monitoring tool in a large scale production environment.
- Familiarity with Oracle Database administration tasks including installation, configuration, and backups
- SQL Server certification.
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) or The Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) – SQL Server 2005/2008 track.
- MCTS BizTalk Server.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must currently hold a Secret security clearance and have the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance (MUST be a US Citizen).
An active or current Top Secret clearance is not required but is helpful.