We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced developer to join our application development team. A qualified candidate should be experienced in all aspects of the software development process and in multiple tools and technologies. Must possess excellent written and technical problem solving skills, programming and unit testing skills, good organization and communication skills, and be able to work well within a team environment.
Candidates must be self-directed, confident, and able to perform tasks of moderate to high complexity. Candidates should have excellent client facing skills and be able to articulate technical issues. Candidates will be expected to help shape technical documents with moderate to complex designs with minimal guidance and fully understand and utilize the appropriate tool set to solve client needs.
The Senior .NET developer will work with our team of IT professionals to develop and customize web applications for Government clients. Work with business and technical stakeholders to define constraints, develop and document requirements, and identify, build, and deploy best-fit technical solutions.
- Create new, and maintain existing .NET applications in an enterprise environment
- Maintenance of existing ColdFusion applications and their migration to .NET platform
- Create functional and technical requirements documentation
- Conduct unit testing of code prior to migration
- Coordinate system and integration testing efforts
- Ability to architect a technical solution including detailed written/visual documentation with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- 5+ years experience in software development using Microsoft technologies such as C#/ASP.NET, Visual Studio, SQL Server
- Proficient across with relational database technologies (Oracle, SQL Server) and ColdFusion development
- Strong experience coding on .NET framework 3.0 or higher
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision or in teams.
- Experience with Visual Studio 2005/2008
- Experience with C#, ASP.NET
- Experience developing ColdFusion applications
- Experience with PL/SQL
- Experience with SQL Server (2005/2008)
- Experience with Oracle (9.x or higher)
- Full Development Life Cycle
- Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, MIS, or other IT related field preferred
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance (MUST be a US Citizen)